So even if you're born here, you're still not a citizen? I don't know how they can justify and pass something like this, as if the last bill wasn't over the line, brilliant state not unlike a south carolina.![]()
Arizona bill would deny citizenship to children of illegal immigrants - CNN.com
(CNN) -- A proposed Arizona law would deny birth certificates to children born in the United States to illegal immigrant parents.
The bill comes on the heels of Arizona passing the nation's toughest immigration law.
John Kavanagh, a Republican state representative from Arizona who supports the proposed law aimed at so-called "anchor babies," said that the concept does not conflict with the U.S. Constitution.
"If you go back to the original intent of the drafters ... it was never intended to bestow citizenship upon (illegal) aliens," said Kavanagh, who also supported Senate Bill 1070 -- the law that gave Arizona authorities expanded immigration enforcement powers.
Under federal law, children born in the United States are automatically granted citizenship, regardless of their parents' residency status.
Kyrsten Sinema, a Democratic state representative, strongly opposes the bill.
"Unlike (Senate Bill) 1070, it is clear this bill runs immediately afoul of the U.S. Constitution," she said.
"While I understand that folks in Arizona and across the country support S.B. 1070, they do so because we have seen no action from the federal government," said Sinema. "Unfortunately, the so-called 'anchor baby' bill does nothing to solve the real problems we are facing in Arizona."
Share your thoughts on immigration
Arizona Republicans are expected to introduce the legislation this fall.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
So even if you're born here, you're still not a citizen? I don't know how they can justify and pass something like this, as if the last bill wasn't over the line, brilliant state not unlike a south carolina.![]()
I can understand there 1st bill but this one seems to blantly violate the constution and IMHO they HAVE to know that it does not stand a snowballs chance of holding up so what is there reason for bringing it foward
I agree with that one as well. This is the only country in the world that has a policy like that and it is just needless and idiotic.
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
This is all I am going to say about this and that is to say I agree with both laws. I will go no further, but to say that I have my own personal reasons.
Counts hit it on the head.
This goes beyond immigration, it's just plain bigotry.
Bookmarks